SAWERA: Vision Mission and Objectives
To develop a just society based on equality, indiscrimination, honor and dignity, peace and security for all – and where individuals are respected without regard to status, tribe, ethnicity, or religion.
To help sustain grassroots institutions and enable them to undertake their own development through effective institutional development and livelihood strategies.
SAWERA has identified the following programme areas and their objectives for its long term existence and contribution to society:
Education as Long Term Investment
- To strategically improve the quality of life of communities of FATA through improving the literacy rate through inputs to improve quality and outreach of education, especially for women.
- To enhance community capacities to agree to and get involved in literacy and educational activities.
Livelihood and Income Generation
- To improve the outreach and exposure of women through supporting them in income- generating activities.
- To develop people's personal skills that build self-respect, self-reliance, and self- confidence.
Health and Active Living
- To establish community health centers for local communities and conduct free medical camps in the area.
- To educate the disabled population, especially females, and establish technical centers for them.
- To provide potable water for local people, solid waste disposal, water supply, sanitation and mass awareness.
Mobilization for Peace and Development
- To create awareness amongst the public through social mobilization and community- level awareness-raising programmes.
- To develop linkages with government departments, line departments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and donors for development purposes.