"I live in a place of a conflict. I believe there are all kinds of conflicts all over the world and we people are obliged to be involved in resolution activities.
I am Israeli, an activist for peace and also an activist for women's issues.
I am a ceramic artist and I work with women's groups locally, here in Israel, with a particular focus on art as therapy and self-expression.
I have been with Safe World for Women for over seven years and have spent time with the founder, Chris, and her husband Andrew on several occasions, both in the UK and in Israel."
Articles by Irit Hakim
- Discussing Gender Equality, Stereotypes, and Violence Against Women in Israel
- Israeli Women Call for Change
- Tackling Domestic Violence and Slavery in Israel
- Israel: Women's Leadership for Peace and Security
- Solidarity Through Farming - Protesting Demolition of Palestinian Homes
- Jo Berry & Ex-IRA Bomber Inspire Peace Activists in Palestine
- 1325 - Isreal's Inspirational Women Making Peace
- Jerusalem Hug: Peace Through Love and Reconciliation
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace Tent to Protest Demolition of Village
- Sindyanna of Galilee: A Solution to the Middle East Conflict
- Israeli Women Break Out from the Pain of Violence & Abuse
- More Women Needed in Middle East Peace Process
- Men Breaking the Cycle of Violence in Israel
- Highlighting Sex Trafficking in Israel